Aug 08 2005

Our weekend was…interesting.

On Saturday John and I went out to run some errands. There were some things (like getting an oil change) that we wanted to take care of before this week since we are leaving for Jersey on Friday night (YEAH!). Everything was going fine until my back decided to have a total nervous breakdown in the middle of Target. I was in so much pain that I was actually practicing my labor breathing techniques to get the tiniest sliver of a hold on myself. The whole right side of my lower back was just in complete spasm and there was nothing I could do about it. We made it out of Target with our stuff (yes, we paid) and I felt a lot better after sitting down in the car. I thought that we could chance another stop. I had seen a cute little baby jacket on Old Navy’s online site (Navy blue fleece with a PIGGIE embroidered over the heart- how could I not get it?) and so I thought that I would check the store instead of paying the $5 shipping. Nope, store didn’t have it. So we decided to make a quick stop in Borders for cheezy beach magazines. John found a short story compilation for really cheap that he wanted to buy, but when we were standing in line to pay my back (which had been getting increasingly worse) lost it all over again and this time breathing didn’t help. I was sobbing and had to leave the store. John put the book back and we left. I got it together when I was able to sit down in the car again and we were going to get the car washed, but when we drove up we realized that they make you GET OUT and wait for your car to go through the auto wash! Needless to say, my butt was not leaving my seat again until we got home. When we did finally get home, I put on a stupid movie and crashed on the couch. I had to (painfully) try several positions until I found one that didn’t make me want to scream and then I stuck with it. Everytime John would try to sit down he would jiggle the couch and I would scream again. Poor guy. I’m going to be such a joy in labor.

Sunday was my friend’s Wedding shower. In Ohio. She drove and almost scared the piss out of me, she was going so fast. I felt really unsafe. I went thinking that we would spend a couple hours at the Shower and then come back (1 1/2 hr drive). I was just a little bit off. We left Pittsburgh at 11 am. I didn’t get home until 9 pm. Yes, we went to the shower and spent a couple hours there. THEN we went to her mother’s house and spent a couple hours there while the bridesmaids (I’m not one) tried on wedding shoes (dyeables- make me PUKE). THEN we went to one of the shittiest church fairs I have ever seen. I went to an Orthodox Greek church fair once- wow, was that good Greek food. This church? Shit. They eat shit. I had shit on a round bun, my friend had shit on a hoagie bun and another girl we were with had shit on a hotdog bun. I was starving after the shower food (don’t even get me started) and I couldn’t even eat three bites. Uugh. I think they used shredded tampons intead of meat.


Sunday was a waste and I really wish I could have it back. I would have done some house work and rested my back some more and snuggled with my husband every chance I got. It could have been a really nice day. Instead I’ll just look at it as payment for all the time I’m going to get to spend with him next week on the beach. ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Blissfully anticipating.

Only 4 days of work left!! I’ll make it somehow.


  • By Anonymous, August 8, 2005 @ 8:04 pm

    Where are you going in Jersey?

  • By heels, August 10, 2005 @ 7:38 am

    The shore… Who is anonymous? Hannah??

Other Links to this Post

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment